*1/2 cup of fresh pressed organic juice
4 Tablespoons of Bernard Jensen’s Gelatin
2 – 3 Tablespoons of honey
2 *Bio-Kult Probiotic capsules
*Lego Jelly Moulds (see pictures below)
*We have made three different flavours with each producing their own colour shade. Create the recipe above three times using the three different juice mixtures to produce the different colours and flavours.
1. Juice organic apples and mint leaves
2. Juice a mixture of organic mangos and oranges
3. Juice a mixture of organic raspberries and apples
*Unlike most probiotics, Bio-Kult does not require refrigeration and this makes it superior to other brands. They are manufactured under extremely high quality standards ensuring that only the strongest strains are selected so that certain heat levels can be tolerated over extended periods of time. We are therefore confident that this very brief contact with heat will have very little penetration on the probiotic stability and count.
- Freshly press your organic fruit to make half a cup of juice and pour into a saucepan.
- Add the gelatin to the juice and whisk constantly over a low heat ensuring there are no lumps. This will be brief. (Do not overheat or boil the ingredients or it will be too hot to add the probiotics and boiling will burn and change the flavour)
- Add the honey and continue to whisk until all the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove mixture from the stove and prepare your moulds.
- Before pouring the mixture into the moulds, open the probiotic capsule and sprinkle the powder into the mixture and whisk.
- Promptly pour the mixture into the moulds and quickly put them into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes has passed, remove moulds from the freezer. Pop the jelly babies out of the moulds and store in the fridge. The jelly babies will remain solid at room temperature and are an exciting treat for a special birthday party.
*I have used silicone moulds for this recipe. Although silicone is not ideal, they do allow for an easy extraction of the jelly from the moulds and we are not cooking with them in a hot oven. Shop around to see what you can find, I found these moulds on ebay for $14.00.