2 cups of home pressed fresh orange juice, preferable organic. (other fruit juice such as raspberries or apple can be used)
2 tablespoon of Bernard Jensens 100% Bovine Gelatin
Raw honey (optional)
Raw Sour Cream or Yoghurt for topping (optional)
1. Take 1/2 cup of your juice and put in a sauce pan and heat on low to medium heat.
2. When the juice is hot you can add your 2 Tablespoons of Bernard jensen’s gelatin and stir continuously until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
4. Remove from the stove and let sit for 2 minutes. Avoid letting it sit for too long or it may start to clump.
5. Add the gelatin mixture to your remaining 1 and a 1/2 cups of juice and stir until well combined.
6. Taste the mixture to determine whether or not you wish to add honey or leave it as it is because oranges are naturally sweet and honey is optional. Add and mix in honey if required.
7. Pour mixture into a glass pyrex dish or bowl (the pyrex dish is a good choice because you can use the lid to cover it whilst in the fridge and the pieces are easy to cut into squares when it is set)
8. Put mixture into the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
Do not add gelatin powder to things with fresh pineapple, kiwi or papaya, as they will inactivate the thickening properties. Also, don’t boil gelatin, as it will lose its thickening ability.