This recipe will show you how to make your own sensational additive free chocolate. CONTAINS NO nuts, dairy, sugar, eggs or other additives. ENJOY.
Ingredients for coconut mint slice
270ml coconut cream
150 grams of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (homemade)
2 tablespoons of honey
6 – 8 drops of Organic Peppermint flavour (Buy Here)
Pinch of Himalayan Crystal Salt
Ingredients for chocolate coating
¾ cup of organic pure raw cacao butter (roughly chopped)
¾ cup of organic raw cacao powder
6 tablespoons of organic raw honey
½ teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract
Scraped seeds from one vanilla pod (optional)
OPTIONAL: You may wish to add a teaspoon of organic mint flavour to the chocolate mixture if desired.
Instructions in making the coconut mint slice
- Mix all coconut meat ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat until all ingredients is well combined and melted and then mix in a food processor to grind the dessicated coconut a little finer.
- Line a 8×6 inch dish with bleach free baking paper and pour the ingredients into the dish and push down flat.
- Place the coconut meat mixture dish into the freezer and leave for 4 hours or overnight.
- When the mixture has set hard, pull the sides of the baking paper up to pull out the coconut mixture out of the dish and place it on a chopping board. With a long sharp knife, carefully cut the coconut fudge middle meat into even squares.
- Place the squares into a container with a lid back into the freezer for preparation for the chocolate coating step.
Instructions in making the chocolate coating
- Simmer some water on a low heat in a saucepan and place a glass bowl over the simmering water. Add the cacao butter to the glass bowl and melt the cacao butter completely. (CAUTION: Keep the heat at a low temperature so that the steam does not cause any water residue within the glass bowl and make sure all your utensils and materials do not have any water on them because any water contaminating the mixture will cause lumps and clumps and spoil the smooth chocolate result).
- Once melted, turn off the heat and add the cocao powder gradually whilst stirring continuously with a bone dry whisk until mixed well with no lumps. Add vanilla seeds, honey and vanilla essence and continue to whisk. Add the coffee if desired but this is optional.
- When the mixture is lovely and smooth it is ready for the coconut meat fudge dipping.
Instructions to coat the coconut meat with chocolate
- Take the chopped coconut meat squares from the freezer and place one square on top of a fork.
- Dip the square into the chocolate so that it covers only half of the slice. (you can cover the entire slice if you want to and this can be done by dropping it into the choc mixture and then lifting it with the fork from the bottom and let the excess chocolate drip off.
- The cold coconut squares will start to harden the outer layer of chocolate as you lay the squares down onto some bleach free baking paper on a tray to set.
- Place the choc covered squares into the fridge for 10 minutes to set. These are reasonably stable at room temperature.