4 – 6 Lamb Shanks
400 grams of diced tomatoes
1 – 2 large Kale Leaves
2 Brown onions
3 – 4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds well bruised with the mortar and pestle
25 grams of fresh ginger root
1/3 cup of roasted cashews (lightly roast in frypan)
¼ cup of homemade tomato sauce (see tomato soup or Italian meatball recipe) or use 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
5 – 7 sprigs of fresh coriander chopped
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon of Garam Marsala
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
2 teaspoons of ground turmeric or fresh turmeric root
2 teaspoons of Himalayan Crystal Salt
¼ cup of duck fat
1. Place lamb shanks and diced tomatoes in the slow cooker
2. Make the Korma Paste:
· Add bruised cumin seeds to a dry frypan and lightly fry them stirring for 1 – 2 minutes or until the aroma from the seeds are released.
· Add the cumin seeds and remaining ingredients (except for the Kale) in a food processor or thermo mix and blend ingredients until it forms a smooth paste.
3. Pour Korma paste over the lamb shanks and cook on a low heat for 8 hours.
4. Finally dice the kale into slivers and add to the slow cooker and cook for a further 10 – 20 minutes.