2 1/2 cups of organic blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon pure Bicarbonate of soda
5ml of lemon juice freshly squeezed
2 ripe bananas mashed
2 – 3 large tablespoons of homemade GAPS yoghurt
2 tablespoons of raw honey (optional)
3 organic free range eggs
1 tablespoon of soft butter or ghee (or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Line bread tin with baking paper (bleach free baking paper) & preheat oven to 150⁰C.
2. In a small bowl or jug, beat eggs, vanilla essence, honey and butter/ghee.
3. In a large mixing bowl add almond flour, mashed bananas and egg mixture and blend until all ingredients are mixed well and bananas have blended into the mixture.
4. Place the yoghurt on top of the mixture and then sprinkle the pure bicarbonate of soda on the yoghurt. Finally add the lemon juice on top of the bicarbonate of soda and blend with the mixer quickly. The bicarb needs a sour ingredient to activate or the bread won’t rise and the lemon juice and yoghurt will help with this.
5. When combined, quickly pour it into the bread tin and place in the oven.
6. Bake the bread on 150⁰C for 50 – 55 minutes and then remove from the oven. Remove the loaf from the tin by pulling it out with the sides of the baking paper and allow it to cool on a cooling tray.
1 banana loaf (you probably only need a little over half the loaf)
20g of organic butter or ghee (optional)
1 ½ cups of blueberries
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 cups of organic coconut cream or 400ml
2 organic free range eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Some homemade yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160⁰C
2. Slice banana loaf into slices and cut them in halves (producing small squares)
3. Butter the slices and overlay them in an oven dish and pour 1 cup of the blue berries over the top.
4. In a jug, beat the coconut cream, eggs, half the cinnamon, vanilla essence and honey till nice and smooth. I like to use the thermomix for this.
5. Pour the mixture over the bread, coating it well and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon on top. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
6. Place in the oven and bake at 160⁰C for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
7. Serve with yoghurt and more berries if you wish.